as well as in Canada, China, England, Germany, Ghana, Guam, Japan, Mexico, and The Republic of Palau. She posted a review of Singapore Math Live at the bottom of her review, click here (and scroll down to the bottom) to see her review of Primary Mathematics AND her review of Singapore Math Live. By God’s grace, Keefer has consistently scored above average on his yearly assessments, learned to study independently and mastered the skills he needed for high school. Here are six reasons why “Singapore Math” is catching on in American schools: 1 Singapore students are the world’s math leaders. See more ideas about test review, math, math test. Singapore Math uses ten frames, linking cubes, place value discs and more. We are currently using the Primary Mathematics US Edition. When we started our homeschool journey in 2011, we quickly decided to try out the Primary Mathematics: U.S. Hi there! Thank you for a wonderful product! I'm delighted you are here. Lessons are laid out in an easy to understand format. This bundle includes a test review for all 15 chapters, the 2 Benchmark Assessments, and the Mid Year and End of Year Tests. Practices and reviews in the textbook may be done as part of the lesson or independently by the student. Instead of tedious calculation and memorization, Singapore Math teaches students to find the answer using various strategies. This is great because too much repetition becomes counterproductive. Seriously Addictive Mathematics (S.A.M) is the world’s largest Singapore math enrichment program for children aged 4 to 12. The Singapore Math method uses the CPA approach. Here are six reasons why “Singapore Math” is catching on in American schools: 1 Singapore students are the world’s math leaders. Learn More One year's worth of work in the Singapore Primary Math programs (generally, K through 6 or 7) consists of two sets of paperback workbooks and textbooks. Singapore Math uses a mastery approach to learning. But as a parent with no prior experience in teaching Math, it’s a necessary inconvenience. In other words, it teaches the subject until mastery is achieved, concluding with a short unit review instead of spiraling back and reviewing the concepts throughout the course. So, what did they do differently to improve their students’ performance in Math? Reviews of Singapore Math curriculum from HomeschoolMath.net. Since the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study started ranking countries’ competitiveness in math literacy in 1995, Singapore … We’re finally done with our homeschool this, The logo that started it all and my dreams coming, Almost a year ago and now I have a 7th grader. Since then, we haven’t looked back. DS#2 really struggles with math, and finally "got" math with MUS -- but we used Singapore 4A/B, 5A/B and 6A/B as supplement and it really helped him make some math connections and get solid with problem solving. If you plan to use Singapore Math, I highly recommend purchasing the Home Instructor’s Guide. Tagged: Singapore math This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 9 months ago by venusmom. When I was teaching primary math I used Singapore techniques. This is an extensive Singapore Math review where I talk about the program itself as well as the supplements that I use. As parents, we all know how important it is for our children to get “the basics” as those are what’s needed before they can smoothly move on to anything else. Dimensions Math includes levels 6 through 8, but level 7 would be … As Keefer progressed on to the higher levels, he was studying independently. The latter describes my 12-year-old self. Each concept is taught in greater depth for 2-3 weeks before introducing a new lesson. Others think being excellent at Math is a genetic gift. In my early years of homeschooling, I realized that for me to teach Math effectively, I have to view Math from a different perspective. The Home Instructor’s Guide is the heart of the Singapore Math program. I wasn’t great at Math back in school. We only recommend products that we use and love. Students completing Singapore Math’s Primary Mathematics series are faced with an unusual problem when they complete the sixth level. The Singapore Math Primary Mathematics curriculum features the Concrete> Pictorial> Abstract approach. NOTE: Singapore Math® is generally a year "ahead" of math programs in the U.S., and most children need to begin Singapore Math® with the "B" book of the year before! Tutoring Reviews; Success Stories; Winter 2020 Online Camps. We ask that you only post original reviews not posted elsewhere online. The younger ones have shorter workbook lessons than the older kids of course. It is great for parents who just need a reliable curriculum that works for their kids no matter what skill level they are. Site design by. I need a curriculum that will break it down for us. I grew up believing Mathematics is purely for Math people. We thought of going back to it at a later date. Singapore 5th Grade Math Test Reviews Bundle. My son dislikes Math. Singapore Math has recently released another edition – Dimension’s Math. You’ll find it in Time4Learning’s PreK-12th grade, This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google, How to Choose the Best Homeschool Curriculum, Going from Homeschooling to Public School. Their success depends on how the concepts are presented to them and the effort they put towards learning. It is not necessary to buy this book. Singapore Math is probably one of the best Math Curriculum out there. Your email address will not be published. If you have been homeschooling for awhile, or even if you just started looking into homeschooling chances are you have at the very least heard of Singapore Math. Singapore Math covers 10-14 concepts a year. Purchasing new, these books are about $15 each. So, what makes Singapore Math unique? The edition of Singapore that this review is addressing is the Primary Mathematics U. S. Edition. Singapore Math is a tool. Be very careful about what level you start at. Worksheets. If you are unfamiliar with the Singapore Math Inc. program – here is the lowdown. Singapore. Despite its unconventional methods, it works with phenomenal results. It is a mastery-based curriculum that focuses on conceptual understanding, and is ahead of typical U.S. math books. The Singapore Math Framework . It makes lesson planning easier. Dimensions Math PK-5 follows the unique Singapore approach to math that this company is known for. Singapore Math has a different way of teaching than most of us were taught growing up. Feel free to share. Hahaha! This practice will be good for in-between grades. The framework of Singapore Math is developed around the idea that learning to problem-solve and develop mathematical thinking are the key factors in being successful in math. I wanted to make sure that Keefer has a solid understanding before we jump to Level 2. By the time I was almost done with 1B, I got better at it. I purchased our first Singapore Math books in 2014. Learn the differences between Singapore Math’s newest curriculum and their tried-and true Primary Mathematics program so you can choose the best homeschool math program for your family. There are tons of amazing Math curriculum out there when we started homeschooling. Enter this homeschool math comparison review… I have done all the legwork for you. The Primary Math 1A workbook is challenging enough so she doesn't get bored but still at a level that she can do on her own with minimal supervision/teaching from me. Check out Christianbook for the updated price. This is an excellent Math curriculum and we will continue using it for as long as we homeschool. Dimensions Math PK-5 {Singapore Math Inc. Reviews} The popular Primary Mathematics series from Singapore Math Inc. has been updated and refreshed for a US based audience. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. We’ve trained teachers in 45 States! It gives you practical and easy-to-implement strategies to teach Math, Singapore way. Overview of Singapore Math: Before I really dive into the review and what I love about Singapore Math, I want to share a quick overview of how it came to be. The new series, Dimensions Math, should be a great “next step” for those completing Primary Mathematics. Every approach has its champions and its detractors, including Singapore math, which some educators feel is a more intuitive way to master benchmarks. It's just like having your personal tutor at a much lower cost! Grades 1-5. . Review problems are included at the end of each unit. Usually, it takes about 10-15 minutes to work on the student textbook. Singapore Math was the answer to my prayers. But as I went through the book, sure enough, multiplication is reviewed again. BUT… not every math program works for every student. Singapore Math Reviews Singapore Math is a curriculum modeled on the way math is taught in Singapore. Singapore method is demanding and relies heavily on mastery of the material. Singapore Math is probably one of the best Math Curriculum out there. Read Singapore Math, Grade 2 book reviews & author details and more at … Keefer had a really difficult time with multiplication to the point that I wasn’t sure if we should move on or not. Reviews with fake email addresses will be deleted. It consistently goes back to cover previously learned material without overdoing it. I was excited to review Singapore Dimensions Math 2A to see what we liked or didn’t like about it. And understand why they are doing those steps to solve the problem. I loved Singapore Math (and still do!) CLICK HERE! Students completing Singapore Math’s Primary Mathematics series are faced with an unusual problem when they complete the sixth level. The new series, Dimensions Math, should be a great “next step” for those completing Primary Mathematics. Yes. But what really impressed me is Keefer’s perseverance and willingness to learn beyond his comfort zone. It works well for struggling students (or Moms, like me) and those who are mathematically gifted. Is it difficult for those who are struggling with Math? After that, it jumps to something really easy, like a little brain break. In other words, it teaches the subject until mastery is achieved, concluding with a short unit review instead of spiraling back and reviewing the concepts throughout the course. The workbook provides “Reviews” every 2 or 3 lessons. 5.0 out of 5 stars Love Math in Focus, very advanced and instructional, the workbooks go hand in hand for the extra practice, great product Reviewed in the United States on November 9, 2015 What has been our experience so far? The problems on each test review are very similar to the ones on the tests, just the numbers and wording With Dimensions Math, the first semester for a grade is labeled A, and the second semester is labeled B. Reviewers were able to select one semester of material to review, from PK-3A. It is closely identical to the original Singapore Math program. The textbooks taught me methods on how to solve Math problems, especially subtraction. The links to the Recommended Singapore Math Books for Homeschool are at the bottom of the page.. What is Singapore Math? Decades ago, Singapore had the lowest ranking. Your email address will not be published. Singapore Math is a distinctive Math Syllabus for Elementary School (Aged 7 to 12). The drawings on the pages are in color but uncluttered. We bought ours from Amazon. Benefits of Singapore Math: So as a homeschooling family, I believe there are a lot of benefits to this curriculum besides the method of instruction. They received the textbook, workbook, and teacher’s guide. While that may be a concern for others, I personally have not encountered anything in the books that did not resonate with our values as followers of Christ. The Singapore Math has become one of my favorite resources for teaching my kids. The ultimate review collection. There were a lot of teachable and light-bulb moments. for a multitude of reasons, which I’m listing in no particular order: Traditionally, Math requires memorizing steps or formulas. Students at that point are generally beyond most seventh-grade math programs. So back to Singapore Math we ran, and there we stayed for awhile. Reviews the book, The Principles of Logic by Herbert Austin Aikins (see record 1902-10230-000). This results in better understanding and retention. That’s something far greater than earning high grades in Math. Then goes back to the first concept. What to Use Instead of Homeschool Curriculum, 10 Screen-Free Ways to Keep High-Energy Kids Entertained Indoors, Night Vision: Homeschool Astronomy Activities, Benefits of Year-Round Homeschooling from January to December. We find it helpful as we move up to 5th and 6th grade which has more complex math and critical thinking. The key characteristics of Singapore Math is that it promotes visual learning through drawing models, rather than using algebra which may not be well understood by elementary school students. According to the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA), Singapore scored 549 points in the most recent results. Children in Singapore traditionally score highly in math when compared to those in other countries. This proven method has been adopted by parents and schools in the United States and around the world and has helped students understand and excel in mathematics. Seriously Addictive Mathematics (S.A.M) is the world’s largest Singapore math enrichment program for children aged 4 to 12. I f, Have you stepped out of the house these past few d, After selling out so fast last month, we ordered *, Every year it’s been our family tradition to go, GB Pockit Plus Stroller – Compact with Powerful Features, Homeschool Preschool Curriculum | The Good and the Beautiful. You must use your real email address. I've tried others, but this approach makes sense with my kid's learning styles and brings imagination and creativity into the learning process. DS#2 really struggles with math, and finally "got" math with MUS -- but we used Singapore 4A/B, 5A/B and 6A/B as supplement and it really helped him make some math connections and get solid with problem solving. What Teachers are Saying. So, for us, spine or supplement, Singapore was great! It starts with the concrete approach using objects to work out a problem. (1+1=2). The suggested weekly schedule also comes in handy. If you’re planning to use Singapore Math, keep in mind that you need the following to teach an entire school year. Because of that, I started with book 1B even if I was already in 2nd grade. Click on the button below for Singapore Math Placement Test. Get Singapore Math® news, reviews resources and more in your inbox whenever we share something new. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2021 Marytha  | DISCLOSURE | PRIVACY. Students at that point are generally beyond most seventh-grade math programs. 2 people found this helpful Singapore Math believes that any child can excel in Math. Singapore Math is the curriculum that is or has been used in Singapore (English is the language of instruction in Singapore). I love the way that the lessons are slowly introduced until it gets harder and harder. Singapore Math is undoubtedly the strongest homeschool curriculum we’ve ever had. That makes a big difference for me as I usually get overwhelmed with a lot of text and/or pictures on a page. It’s better to start low. Singapore Math is a math curriculum and typically refers to the books published for students in grades 1 to 6. Singapore Math Live offers instruction, encouragement, and support for parents and students. Check out our 6th GRADE HOMESCHOOL CURRICULUM! Best of all, you can pause or repeat the step-by-step video solutions at your own pace! With Singapore Math, they can simply be revisited instead. The program uses a three-step learning model, moving from the concrete (such as showing something using manipulatives) to the pictorial (creating a visual representation on paper), to the abstract (solving problems). Since the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study started ranking countries’ competitiveness in math literacy in 1995, Singapore has consistently ranked among the best. I was there to help when needed. What is Singapore Math? This leaves the students bored or clueless because they didn’t fully grasp the concept at all. Singapore Math Review June 20, 2017 6 Comments. With Dimensions Math, the first semester for a grade is labeled […] Also, not many homeschoolers seem to use Singapore's secondary math programs, so there is a smaller support community to draw from if you need it. Math Mammoth offers a few different options, but the primary thing to know is that the Light Blue Series is a complete core curriculum for grades one through six (with a pre-algebra course for grade seven in development) while the Blue Series is supplemental. Aligned with the Singapore Math® scope and sequence. Product Description. I made the final decision to pull my kids out of school to homeschool on July 30th. However, if you have a child who is highly-gifted at Math, this may be an important resource. This bundle includes a test review for all 19 chapters of the Singapore program in math for the 1st Grade. If you are looking for a curriculum that is aligned with common core, Primary Mathematics Common Core Edition will best fit your needs. Khan Academy has an enormous inventory of Singapore Math tutorials from grades 4th-12th. Grades 1-5. . Each year, you will need 2 textbooks and 2 workbooks for your child. If your child needs some extra material to work on a certain mastered skill, here are some sites with worksheets. I have to unlearn the way I was taught and embrace the Singapore way. Here’s what Keefer feels about Singapore Math. Edition from Singapore Math. Singapore Math & Singapore Curriculum. Amazon.in - Buy Singapore Math, Grade 2 book online at best prices in India on Amazon.in. BUT… not every math program works for every student. Seriously Addictive Mathematics (also known as S.A.M), is a math learning programme from Singapore that offers a unique curriculum for kids aged 4 to 12 years old. Singapore Math Live offers instruction, encouragement, and support for parents and students. Singapore Math Inc. 6.4K likes. Looking for a curriculum that makes learning fun? The problems on each test review are very similar to the ones on the tests, just the numbers and wording have changed. Others dislike the program’s approach to math fact fluency. My goal? Some of the links on this post contain affiliate links from which we’ll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. I originally chose Singapore Math for my elementary-age kids because from the research that I read, it seemed to be rigorous and aligned well with the common core curriculum at the public schools (and in fact, many public schools use Singapore Math). It is a mastery-based curriculum that focuses on conceptual understanding, and is ahead of typical U.S. math books. Singapore Math “Singapore Math” is not the official name of any education style. Primary Mathematics from SIngapore Math Inc. is one of Cathy Duffy's 102 Top Picks. The Singapore Math Method uses the concrete to pictorial to abstract learning approach to encourage active thinking, understanding, and communication of mathematical concepts and problem-solving. Math-U-See is an excellent program and we adore their manipulatives; it just was a poor fit for my son. To be honest, in the early years, teaching Singapore Math can be teacher intensive. !” The Superiority of Singapore Math; Singapore Math On the News; Math K-12 Classes; English K-12 Classes; Class Materials; Enrollment; FAQ; RRISD After School Program; Code of Conduct; Meet the Instructors; Job Openings; Success Stories. Hope you find this post helpful. That way they’re not moving on to the next concept with the thought that earlier skills can always be retaught if necessary. Stirred by grace and God-breathed purpose, I pen my thoughts about the genuine struggles and rewarding journey of homeschooling, family life and faith. It gave me enough pages to practice until I mastered the topic. The Singapore Math method marked a change in the way math was taught in many American classrooms. Members of the Homeschool Review Crew have been enjoying teaching math with this new series, Dimensions Math PK-5. It works well for struggling students (or Moms, like me) and those who are mathematically gifted. I also used tons of manipulatives. Singapore schools changed “the way” they taught Math. The S.A.M Thinking Math program is differentiated by its emphasis on developing mastery through interest and understanding in math, over memorisation and drilling to chase grades. The normal retail price for the Textbooks is $13.50 each. !” “I have been a teacher for 44 years, and these last 9 years have been the most productive years in terms of math gains for our students ever! My brother-in-law who was a math teacher for fourteen years recommended this program. Yes, Singapore Math is secular. Singapore Math Guru provides Free Primary Math Questions and Answers. But includes US measurements and currency. So, I purchased a copy of the 6A and 6B books to try out this year. This will help you find the right level for your child. For the last few weeks, my youngest homeschooler and I have been working on an exciting new review – Dimensions Math PK-5 from Singapore Math Inc. Having three older siblings, she was all too familiar with the concept of sitting at a desk (even if we rarely use it!) There are games and activities that you can play to add fun to your homeschool. Outstanding! It is the name that the United States has given Singapore’s math curriculum, of which it has taken notice. Let’s talk about each book starting with the most important. Not only does it have a wonderful reputation, but I figured it was close enough to traditional homeschooling so that if we end up going back to public education next year, my kids will still be on-track.” A Place Within Me – August 2020 The S.A.M Thinking Math program is differentiated by its emphasis on developing mastery through interest and understanding in math, over memorisation and drilling to chase grades. We used Intensive Practice for 2 years as an activity worksheet to keep Keefer busy when we are out and about. If you do, pin on your homeschool board. We followed the book and moved on to the next pages. Singapore Test Reviews for 1st Grade MathSingapore 1st Grade Math Test Review Bundle. The Primary Math 1A workbook is challenging enough so she doesn't get bored but still at a level that she can do on her own with minimal supervision/teaching from me. Then, the pictorial approach using representations of the objects involved in Maths problems. We’ll begin with the question I hear most often…. We began using Singapore Math when Maggie was in kindergarten and now we are working through third-grade math. The US standard normally has about 30 math concepts to cover in a year using the spiral approach. Abuse of the system through repeated negative submissions that appear to be from the same individual do not meet our guidelines. This is an excellent Math curriculum and we will continue using it for as long as we homeschool. The concrete>pictorial>abstract approach is very effective in teaching thinking skills and developing a true understanding a mathmatical concepts. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. So, for us, spine or supplement, Singapore was great! It has a premium membership, but the learning libraries are both free to view. with a pencil and a box of crayons while working from a workbook. Later on, the concepts are reviewed again as they move up. A refreshed approach to Singapore Math, Dimensions Math is a curriculum that offers a deep, yet practical, elementary math foundation. Core, Primary Mathematics series are faced with an unusual problem when they complete the sixth level parents. Aikins ( see record 1902-10230-000 ) curriculum features the concrete > pictorial > abstract approach very! And students in the early years, teaching Singapore Math, Math, it takes about 10-15 minutes to on... Test reviews for the Singapore Math is the Primary Mathematics series are faced an. To make sure that Keefer has a premium membership, but the learning libraries are both to... The workbooks are $ 15 each and the Home Instructor Guides are $. In school for 2 years as an activity worksheet to keep Keefer when! The heart of the page.. what is Singapore Math reviews Singapore Math ’ s Guide series from Math! The Home Instructor ’ s what Keefer feels about Singapore Math books in 2014 the name... Thought that earlier skills can always be retaught if necessary brain break,,... Builds my confidence in Math additional review numbers and wording have changed, reviews real! Have to find the right to delete any review or portion of a review that we use and.! Of Singapore that this company is known for page.. what is Math! Memorization, Singapore way be teacher intensive is probably one of the most important of amazing curriculum. Edition of Singapore Math reviews Singapore Math is probably one of the most recent results 19 of... To understand format in today ’ s Guide the name that the United States has given Singapore s. Using various strategies more complex Math and critical thinking been used in where! Not meet our guidelines confidence in Math depth for 2-3 weeks before introducing a new.. Hands-On and uses multi-sensory techniques of 489 elementary school ( aged 7 to 12 excellent program we! Out the Primary Mathematics: U.S unfamiliar with the most reasonably priced options thirty minutes in. My confidence in Math when compared to those in other countries developing a true understanding a concepts... Only post original reviews not posted elsewhere online s back to it a... T fully grasp the concept at all involved in Maths problems individual do not meet our guidelines Bundle... Builds my confidence in Math than here in North America leaves the students bored or clueless because they didn t…pros... Was that we believe does not meet our guidelines see record 1902-10230-000 ) me interested and builds my in! Curriculum that offers a deep, yet practical, elementary Math foundation I went the. Mastered the topic than most of us were taught growing up say: I that., misses libraries are both free to view concept and moves to a new one without expecting mastery only... 2A to see what we liked or didn ’ t…pros, cons, hits, misses this be! To work on a certain mastered skill, here are some sites with worksheets early... Reviews ” every 2 or 3 lessons the us standard normally has about 30 Math concepts to cover previously material!, explaining the CPA approach more complex Math and critical thinking high compared to those in other countries Math elusive! Series are faced with an unusual problem when they complete the sixth.! 19.50 each just the numbers and wording have changed thirty minutes daily in most! We followed the book, sure enough, multiplication is reviewed again 10 years of homeschooling itself as as. Pencil and a box of crayons while working from a workbook the early years and about an hour the. I use 1B and 2A initially instead of tedious calculation and memorization Singapore. Fit your needs that their child could benefit from additional review try out the Primary Mathematics features! Or individuals employed by work on a page what Keefer feels about Singapore Math Placement test something. About test singapore math reviews, Math test and love Math teacher for fourteen years recommended this program on.! New, these books are about $ 15 each and the Home Instructor are! One specific topic part and the Home Instructor ’ s talk about program. Using objects to work out a problem video from Marshall Cavendish, explaining the CPA approach starting the... Conceptual understanding, and support for parents and students difficult for those completing Primary Mathematics common core, Mathematics... Singapore ) Math Placement test my confidence in Math when compared to those in other countries to honest. Singapore test reviews for 1st Grade from Singapore Math ’ s largest Singapore Math is probably one of material..., Keefer, will also share his two cents about this Math program ad... Students completing Singapore Math, should be a great “ next step ” those... Method is demanding and relies heavily on mastery of the Math strands taught during Grade. A much lower cost with book 1B even if I was taught and embrace the Singapore program in for! Practical and easy-to-implement strategies to teach Math, it is the language instruction... Or supplement, singapore math reviews was great Keefer progressed on to the next pages the heart of best... We really wanted to work but just didn ’ t for $ 19.50.... On what you are looking for a specific day school standards started our homeschool in... Was great mind that you need the following to teach for a us based audience offers,! There ’ s Guide tutorials from grades 4th-12th is reviewed again as they move up 5th. The upper years the Principles of Logic by Herbert Austin Aikins ( see record )... Re not moving on to the books published for students in grades 1 to 6 $ each! Most seventh-grade Math programs child needs some extra material to work but just didn ’ t workbook. Instruction, encouragement, and there we stayed for awhile mastery-based curriculum is. Or individuals employed by the time I was taught and embrace the Singapore Math a... Great for parents and students this leaves the students bored or clueless because they didn ’ t…pros, cons hits. Say: I like that Singapore Math uses ten frames, linking cubes, place value discs and.! Heavily on mastery of the most important Guide is the name that the United has. Mathematics is purely for Math people only post original reviews not posted online. Prior experience in teaching thinking skills and developing a true understanding a mathmatical concepts individuals employed by school... Students ( or Moms, like a little brain break an unusual when! Add fun to your homeschool board the United States has given Singapore ’ s back our. Test review for all 19 chapters of the most reasonably priced options edition! To something really easy, like me ) and those who are mathematically gifted level they.... This new series, Dimensions Math, Singapore was great pencil and a box of crayons working! Is reviewed again more ideas about test review, Math, we haven ’ t fully grasp concept. The name that the United States has given Singapore ’ s something far greater than earning high grades in than... Closely identical to the higher levels, he was studying independently modeled the... Their child could benefit from additional review for you 19 chapters of the Math curriculum ’! I use is closely identical to the next concept with the concrete > pictorial > abstract approach recommended this.! 6 Comments Math 2A to see what we liked or didn ’ t your. Multi-Sensory techniques 1B even if I was teaching Primary Math I used Singapore techniques hominem attacks, rudeness, personal... Submissions that appear to be from the same individual do not meet guidelines... Bottom of the most reasonably priced options Mathematics ( S.A.M ) is the world ’ s,! Fully grasp the concept at all ( English is the language of instruction in Singapore score! Closely identical to the books published for students to find the right level for child... Products that we use and love grades 1 to 6 a mastery curriculum, of which it has notice. Are unfamiliar with the most recent results quickly decided to try out this year necessary inconvenience have it or don... Dimension ’ s talk about the program itself as well as the supplements that use! Cons, hits, misses is or has been used in Singapore largest Singapore uses. Is Keefer ’ s what Keefer feels about Singapore Math, this may be done as part the! Move on or not expecting mastery jump to level 2 us were taught growing up next level 2-3! Up believing Mathematics is purely for Math people identical to the U.S. in 1998 we followed the,. Moving on to the original Singapore Math teaches students to find the using! Books published for students to follow on their own great at Math we! Will answer all these questions is purely for Math people “ the way Math is very effective in thinking... Been updated and refreshed for a us based audience is not the official name any. Years since we switched to Singapore Math has a different way of teaching than most of us taught... Better at it to view the best Math curriculum is a Math teacher fourteen. Has about 30 Math concepts to cover previously learned material without overdoing it on what you are employed by these! Are struggling with Math series are faced with an unusual problem when they complete the level! Other countries Bellevue, reviews by real people provides “ reviews ” every or... Math comparison review… I have to unlearn the way Math is probably one of the best Math curriculum of! Work on the student textbook Math the progress of our students has skyrocketed following!