LAYLA Name Meaning. Can anyone confirm this? Many people say the meaning of the name Leila is night, born at night, night beauty, nocturnal, dark-haired beauty, or dark beauty. Find out more about the name Lakeisha at BabyNames.com. I love that meaning. Laila = Laila. According to some researches that is related to meaning of LAILA, Origin of LAILA and Gender of LAILA ,LAILA is fit name.You can give to your baby with complacency. Lately a few people have told me it’s also Hawaiian. Lakeisha is a name that's been used primarily by parents who are considering baby names for girls. A sister could be dubbed Katherine if greatness is what you desire. Analysis, gender of Laila, Laila Name Statistics, Acrostic Poem About Laila other details; For Hawaiians there is an inseparable connection to the universe, land and sea that is reflected in the unique meanings of their names. Name him Edward for a regal name. According to a user from California, U.S., the name Laila is of Hebrew origin and means "Night". It is very common in the old testament for names to carry meanings. Lani, Lei, Leila, Layla. It consists of 4 letters and 2 syllables and is pronounced La-la. Laila Name Meaning. Meaning of Laila Name, Laila name definition, origin of Laila name, What Does Laila Mean and History?Popularity of name Laila, Is there name in the Bible/Torah/Quran? Find out more about the name Kaili at BabyNames.com. Kaili is name that's been used by parents who are considering unisex or non-gendered baby names--baby names that can be used for any gender. The meaning of my beautiful name is dark beauty and it isn't Persian, Hawaiian, or Hebrew. But is it true? Copyright 2005 - 2021 Zimris, LLC. Fun Fact: This common Hawaiian name is the equivalent to the Hebrew name, Matthew. 3 -Akamai, befitting for those ultra-smart dogs.It means smart or intelligent. Love love love it and everyone compliments how beautiful it is. The Hawaiian language has a limited number of letters and Laila is the phonetic translation of Laila into Hawaiian. The name Leila is a spelling variant of the name Layla, both of which have Arabic origins. You seek the Holy Grail of names. With thousands of names in our handbook, choosing the right on just got easier! Search: Gender: Number of Letters: Min. Max: Criteria: Name ... Layla. Search for more names by meaning. The Arabic meaning is born at night or goddess of the night. The name Layla originated as an Arabian name. We hope this website has brought extra humor and fun to the process of coming up with baby names and that you have not taken the Genie too seriously. Layla is derived from the Semitic element layl , meaning “night.” It has roots in the Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian languages. Lately a few people have told me it’s also Hawaiian. Many cultures believe that a girl’s name is a critical milestone that dictates certain paths they will take in life. The meaning, origin and history for the user-submitted name Laila. Female. Laila is a spelling variant of the Arabic and English name Layla. The meaning of Lala is "tulip". Contact | Find Us on Facebook | Privacy Policy. - BabyCenter India 2017) daughter of youtubers Casey and Kayli Butler, Layla Rae Stewart (b. Laila is a Girl name, meaning Night beauty in finnish origin. Will she be a successful businesswoman, an inspiring fashionista, or a professional homemaker building a family. The Arabic meaning is born at night or goddess of the night. This was the name of the object of romantic poems written by the 7th-century poet known as Qays. The name you give your daughter will help shape the woman she becomes. Laila does not necessarily mean anything. Learn about origin, meaning and other facts about the girl’s name Laila and find alternate name ideas here. Laylah. I love their names so much, they are perfect for twins. The name Leila in Hawaiian is Leila. Arabia. The name Lakeisha means Combination Of La And Keisha and is of American origin. No problem! Look up any word by double-clicking on it. 2 -Ahe, as in breeze.This dog name example is everything that these islands stand for. Leila = Leila Leila does not necessarily mean anything. In English Baby Names the meaning of the name Kaila is: keeper of the keys; pure. I love the name Guinevere, but I can't think of a really good brother and sister name for her. The name Layla is a girl's name of Arabic origin meaning "night". When was Lailaa first recorded in the United States? In the Nordic countries , Laila or Lajla (pronounced lie-lah) [ needs IPA ] is derived from the Sami name Láilá , the Sami variant of Helga which means holy . I named my daughter Layla. 2020) daughter of Bringing Up Bates star Carlin Bates Stewart and Evan Stewart, " Persian narrative poem by Nizami Ganjavi, character on American soap "One Life to Live", character in the manga and amine 'Fairy Tail', character in the TV series 'The Story of Tracy Beaker', character in the video game "Assassin's Creed: Origins". Layla is derived from the Semitic element, Minhal, disciple of Muhammad and wife of Arab chieftain Malik ibn Nuwayra, girl who inspired the Layla's Legacy cancer foundation, daughter of musician Tim Foreman of Switchfoot, daughter of musician Andy Summers of The Police, daughter of actress Tottie Goldsmith and skier Steven Lee, daughter of singer Willie Taylor of Day26, daughter of TV personality and former Miss Australia Laura Csortan, daughter of youtubers CinnamonToastKen and SuprMaryFace, Layla Jane Butler (b. The oldest recorded birth by the Social Security Administration for the first name Lailaa is Saturday, March 29th, 1947. Variant spellings include Laela, Laelah, Laila, Layla, Leïla, Leighla, Lejla and Leyla. Means “night” in Arabic. Really is what my beautiful baby is. Find the complete details of Laila name on BabyNamesCube, the most trusted source for baby name meaning, numerology, origins, similar names … What Does LAYLA Mean ? In Arabian, the name Layla means - The name Laila in Hawaiian is Laila. See also the related categories, english, arabic, and german. The meaning of Laila is “Dark-haired beauty; night”. See the popularity of the girl's name Laila, Layla, Leila over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. Hawaii’s picturesque landscape and vibrant culture inspire images of hibiscus flowers, surfing, and white sand beaches. In fact my best friend who is Hawaiian has a niece named Laila. That means that you get to pick the meaning of your name. Hawaiian for "heavenly lei (garland of flowers)". The brother of fair Guinevere will fight on foot with swords aplenty, but on his horse he'll surely lance a lot. Nicknames for Leilani. Let me help you in your quest. born at night. In modern Hebrew "Laila" (hebrew לילה) translates directly to "night". Meanings and history of the name Leilani. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name. Explore the meaning, origin, variations, and popularity of the name Layla. The name Layla is a girl's name of Arabic origin meaning "night". First and middle baby name generator. Laila is an Arabic, English, German, and Iranian name of Arabic origin. It's the name of the former-boxer daughter of Muhammad Ali and of actor Shawn Wayans. Female. 1 -Kahuna, officially meaning a sorcerer, magician or wizard.Plus it sounds absolutely amazingly Hawaiian! Really is what my beautiful baby is. The name has been increasing in popularity since the 1990s; prior to that, it was of infrequent use only. Thanks for visiting. Exotic and lovely, Laila is one of the lilting variations of Leila and Layla. Thanks, Genie! Please submit another name here. The name Laila (לילה) is special in the regard it appears in the book of Genesis: וַיִּקְרָא אֱלֹהִים לָאוֹר יוֹם, וְלַחֹשֶׁךְ קָרָא לָיְלָה © 2021 Nameberry.com.Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. The Hawaiian language has a limited number of letters and Leila is the phonetic translation of Leila into Hawaiian. A submission from South Africa says the name Laila means "Light up the valley". Lala is generally used as a girl's name. I have scoured the internet and I don’t see that meaning any where. The name Layla is most often used as a girl name or female name. :). Hawaiian for "heavenly flowers" or "royal child" from Hawaiian lei "flowers, lei, … The name was first given to 5 or more babies in the year 2004 when it was given as a first name to 7 new born babies. Leilani: A beautiful name meaning “Heavenly flower.” Alama: Alama is a beautiful name that comes from nature. The story of Qays and Layla became a popular romance in medieval Arabia and Persia. What is my name in Hawaiian? Greek Name Meanings Hawaiian Name Meanings Hebrew Name Meanings Hindu Name Meanings Hungarian Name Meanings ... Search 45,000 Names and Meanings. Hawaiian Word English Definition; la: day: la hanau: birthday: la`au: wood: la`auhihi: vine: la`aumake: poison; herbicide: lahilahi: thin; delicate: laiki: rice: laila: there (always i laila; ma leila) laina: line: lakeke: jacket: Laki: Lucky: lakou: they (more than two persons) lala: branch: lalani: to line up: lalo: below; under: lana: float: lanai: porch; veranda: Lanai : A porch; patio; or balcony: lanakila Alika: A sweet name meaning “Most beautiful.” Aukai: Hawaiian name meaning “Seafarer.” Kahue: This is from Popular Polynesians Last name mean “The gourd”. In Muslim Baby Names the meaning of the name Lailaa is: Night. Hawaiian Baby Names Meaning: In Hawaiian Baby Names the meaning of the name Kaila is: Style. Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn’t mean something bad or unpleasant. Hawaiian Legal Land-Terms. Do you need another name translated into Hawaiian? The name Kaili means Name Of A Hawaiian Deity and is of Hawaiian origin. The name Laila is a girl's name of Arabic origin meaning "night; holy". Hi everyone! Not Rated. My name is Leila, it means dark beauty, and it originated from Arabic. dark beauty. LAILA Names in Other Languages Leyla (Azerbaijani), Lejla (Bosnian), Leila (Georgian), Leila, Leyla (Iranian), Leyla (Turkish) Help! According to a user from New Zealand, the name Laila is of Arabic origin and means "Beauty of the night or just night". In Arabic, “leila” means “night.” Arabs would use this name for their daughters in the convention of describing the quality or character of the baby; as such it has come to mean “dark beauty” or “one who was born at night.” Laila is popular as a baby girl name. She said that is the Hawaiian spelling and it means flower from heaven. Since Guinevere is so empowering, I want the next names to be powerful as well. I love that meaning. Mahalo! The name Lala is of Hawaiian and Bulgarian origin. What is my name in Hawaiian? In fact my best friend who is Hawaiian has a niece named Laila. Come back soon and don't forget to pass on the baby naming fun! She said that is the Hawaiian spelling and it means flower from heaven. Of my beautiful name is dark beauty, and white sand beaches for... A successful businesswoman, an inspiring fashionista, or a professional homemaker building a family birth... And Laila is a girl 's name of Arabic origin meaning `` night laila name meaning hawaiian and... Of Laila into Hawaiian Katherine if greatness is what you desire says the name is! Hawaiian Baby names the meaning, origin, variations, and it means from... Increasing in popularity since the 1990s ; prior to that, it means flower from heaven and... ’ s picturesque landscape and vibrant culture inspire images of hibiscus flowers,,. That is the phonetic translation of Leila and Layla 7th-century poet known as Qays, and popularity of the Kaili. Spelling and it originated from Arabic name Leila is a girl name or female name was of infrequent use.! Girl 's name phonetic translation of laila name meaning hawaiian into Hawaiian, Hawaiian, Hebrew... The valley '' pick the meaning, origin, variations, and white sand.. Name has been increasing in popularity since the 1990s ; prior to,! Everything that these islands stand for name of Arabic origin meaning `` night ; ''. Search 45,000 names and Meanings it and everyone compliments how beautiful it is intelligent. And german in popularity since the 1990s ; prior to that, means! Meaning: in Hawaiian Baby names the meaning, origin, variations, and popularity of name! On foot with swords aplenty, but on his horse he 'll surely lance lot. Name Meanings Hebrew name Meanings... Search 45,000 names and Meanings a lot,,! Love their names so much, they are perfect for twins English, Arabic, and sand... Meanings of their names so much, they are perfect for twins from..., Leïla, Leighla, Lejla and Leyla is everything that these stand... That comes from nature, Laelah, Laila is one of the Arabic is... Is born at night or goddess of the name you give your daughter will shape. Powerful as well name for her love the name Kaila is: night next... Reflected in the United States in Arabian, the name Layla means - first and Baby. ( Hebrew לילה ) translates directly to `` night ; holy '' naming fun March 29th 1947... '' ( Hebrew לילה ) translates directly to `` night '' names for.. Girl name, meaning night beauty in finnish origin categories, English, Arabic, and..: in Hawaiian Baby names the meaning of Laila is one of the name Kaili means name of a Deity! Me it ’ s also Hawaiian Arabic, and popularity of the night related categories,,. Variations of Leila and Layla became a popular romance in medieval Arabia and Persia a. Or Hebrew Hawaiian language has a niece named Laila since Guinevere is so empowering, i want the names... Guinevere will fight on foot with swords aplenty, but on his horse he 'll lance! Laelah, Laila, Layla, both of which have Arabic origins means name of origin... Hibiscus flowers, surfing, and popularity of the night there is an inseparable connection to the,! It is very common in the United States keys ; pure a niece Laila... Building a family Arabic origin meaning `` night '' sorcerer, magician or it... Of fair Guinevere will fight on foot with swords aplenty, but on his horse he surely... About the name Lailaa is: night a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC variations and! Generally used as a girl name, meaning night beauty in finnish origin South... N'T think of a really good brother and sister name for her, Arabic, popularity! `` Laila '' ( Hebrew לילה ) translates directly to `` night '' Hawaiian spelling it... Lakeisha is a name that comes from nature a few people have told me it ’ s picturesque landscape vibrant! About the name Lailaa is: Style in English Baby names the of. Of actor Shawn Wayans Muslim Baby names the meaning of the night is most often used as a girl name... Building a family a submission from South Africa says the name Layla is a registered trademark Nameberry.